Ninth Annual Tour de Cypress Ride and Run
2013 Tour de Cypress Dedicated to the Memory of Gary Ovard
Saturday, April 20, 2013, Mount Vernon, Franklin County, Texas
Ride gorgeous new routes on Tour de Cypress, and bring a friend for the 5K or 10K runs. See beautiful Lake Cypress Springs, an exotic animal farm, and restored land. Come early and enjoy the Heroes Barbecue on Friday night.
- Bikers: see if you can tame the most wicked, winding 100K in Texas, or ride a friendly 10 mile, caustic 30 mile or challenging 45 and 52 mile routes.
- Ride registration and packet pickup opens on the square at 7 a.m. Run registration opens on the square at 10 a.m.
- Early packet pickup from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 19 at Airport. (See town map.)
- Free dinner 6 p.m. Friday at airport.
- Rides feature a stagger start beginning at 9 a.m.
- Runs start at 1 p.m.
- Well marked routes and rest stops. Excellent SAG support provided.
- Kids 12 and under ride the ten mile, run free with accompanying adult paid registration.
- T-shirts for first 500 entrants or those registered before 4/07/13.
- Free Hamburger lunch after ride for participants (serving from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Pancakes for sale on the square.
- Live Music on the square by Bongo and the Point, plus DJ Ben Morris.
- Don Meredith Exhibit, Rare Bird Egg and Butterfly Collections open in Old Fire Station Museum.
- Mountain Bike Ride at Trey Deuce Sunday, April 21.
All five rides and the run route will be well marked and there will be rest stops approximately every five to ten miles for each of the five routes. Excellent SAG support will be provided. T-shirts for registered riders will be given out before the ride starts Camping and RV sites area available near town and at beautiful Lake Cypress Springs. Local motel and B&B accommodations are also available.