Thirteenth Annual Tour de Cypress Ride
Saturday, April 15, 2017
Tired of all the traffic and noise of the city? Forget crowds, forget the hassle and come to Mount Vernon to ride Tour de Cypress on shaded country roads. You’ll get a free hamburger, free beer, and a wonderful, warm welcome. Come early and enjoy the free Heroes Barbecue on Friday night.
- Bikers can ride the Gene Smith 10-Mile family ride (flat and easy), or the 30, 45, 52 and 62 mile routes.
- Free hamburgers after the ride for participants. Serving from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Free beer provided by Pedernales Brewing Co.
- Free barbecue dinner at 6 p.m. Friday night at the Heroes Barbecue at the Airport.
- Live entertainment on the square by Bongo and the Point, plus DJ Ben Morris.
- Pancake breakfast available on the square.
- Early packet pick up at the barbecue from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Airport (See Town Map).
- Ride registration and packet pickup begins on the square at 7 a.m. Run registration begins at 10 p.m.
- T-shirts provided for participants registered by Sunday, April 7, 2016. Only a few extra T-shirts will be available the day of the ride.
- Rides feature a stagger start beginning at 9 a.m.
- Kids age 12 and under ride the ten mile, run free with accompanying adult paid registration.
- Well marked routes and rest stops. Excellent SAG support provided.
- Showers available.
- Don Meredith Exhibit, Rare Bird Egg and Butterfly Collections open in the Old Fire Station Museum
All five rides will be well marked and there will be rest stops approximately every five to ten miles for each of the five routes. Excellent SAG support will be provided. T-shirts for registered riders will be given out before the ride starts Camping and RV sites area available near town and at beautiful Lake Cypress Springs. Local motel and B&B accommodations are also available.