Tired of all the traffic and noise of the city? Forget crowds, forget the hassle and come to Mount Vernon to ride Tour de Cypress on shaded country roads. You’ll get a free gourmet chicken wrap, free beer, and a wonderful, warm welcome. Come early and enjoy the free Heroes Barbecue on Friday night.
- Bikers can ride the Gene Smith 10-Mile family ride (flat and easy), or the 30, 45, 52 and 62 mile routes.
- Free barbecue dinner at 6 p.m. Friday night at the Heroes Barbecue at the FMC Family Life Center.
- Live entertainment on the square by Bongo and the Point, plus DJ Ben Morris.
- Early packet pick up at the barbecue from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the FMC Family Life Center.
- Ride registration and packet pickup begins on the square at 7 a.m.
- T-shirts provided for participants registered up to 7 days in advance. Only a few extra T-shirts will be available the day of the ride.
- Rides feature a stagger start beginning at 9 a.m.
- Kids age 12 and under ride the ten mile free with accompanying adult paid registration.
- Well marked routes and rest stops. Excellent SAG support provided.
- Don Meredith Exhibit, Rare Bird Egg and Butterfly Collections open in the Old Fire Station Museum
All five rides will be well marked and there will be rest stops approximately every five to ten miles for each of the five routes. Excellent SAG support will be provided. T-shirts for registered riders will be given out before the ride starts Camping and RV sites area available near town and at beautiful Lake Cypress Springs. Local motel and B&B accommodations are also available.
For more information via e-mail please contact : | email@example.com